2014 LGBT Health Workforce Conference: Engineering Institutions and Empowering Individuals to Better Serve LGBT Communities
May 1-3, 2014
New York, NY
The LGBT Health Workforce Conference provides an overview of up-to-date practices (climate and educational) in preparing the health care workforce to address the health concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities. This conference is designed for health professionals (M.D., D.O., P.A.-C., nurses, dentists, podiatrists, social workers, psychologists, etc.), educators, and students (pre-health professions, professional schools, and graduate), but all interested are invited to attend. CME credit will be available.
Read the Meeting Report (in LGBT Health) from the 2013 LGBT Health Workforce Conference.
Registration Opens: OPEN NOW!
Abstract Submission Opens: NOW CLOSED!
Abstract Submission Closes: CLOSED
Selected Submissions will be Announced: Rolling basis, all decisions announced by February 15, 2014
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM is available here.
Suggested Workshop Topics
- Leadership and LGBT Health
- LGBT Health Funding Opportunities: Federal and Foundation
- Health Policy Updates: Federal and State
- Pre-Clinical LGBT Content
- Clinical Content
- Update on LGBT Health Issues and Best Practices
- Advising LGBT Pre-Health Students
- LGBT Health Workforce Research
- Climate – University/Academic Health Center/Hospital/Clinic
- Community Activism
- LGBT Health and the Humanities
- Social Media & Marketing
- Intersectionalities (e.g., race and gender in LGBT communities)
New to the 2014 LGBT Health Workforce Conference:
*Sign-up for expert-led small group consultation sessions for research and educational scholarship, institutional climate change, and clinical best practices.
*Leadership Program for Professional Health Students Interested in LGBT Health (Saturday, May 3, 2014)